Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sun N Fun- otherwise knows as the craziest air show I've ever seen

The weekend following Tyndall the team went to Lakeland, FL to participate in Sun N Fun.  This is not a military run show and is the second largest in the country.  That said, I think it was also the craziest we'll ever go to.  It's located at the Lakeland airport and it's a fly in show.  Meaning, you can drive a car like normal people or fly your airplane/helicopter/whatever and park it for the weekend.  I took this video so you guys can see just what I mean because telling you doesn't do it justice.

The weekend was fun but a bit crazy.  Friday the demo went off without a hitch and the kids and I went to get "world famous strawberry shortcake" in Plant City, FL where the strawberry festival is held every year.  It was super yummy, but we could have split one between all of us.  I didn't realize how big it was going to be.



 And we went back for the night show (because you know, we haven't been to enough air shows over the past month) which had fireworks and gliders with sparklers. 

Saturday, a different story.  It was crazy hot and dusty at the airport and I had two semi-grumpy kids on my hands.  Thankfully the maintainers are AWESOME and helped entertain them while we hung out at the tent and sold stuff.  Next to the tent in the grass was a huge fire ant hill and I tried my best to keep them out of it all day.  Henry taxied out at 2 and Carter dove into the fire ants at 2:01.  He was a HOT mess.  Shelly, one of the maintainers wives and I tried to get them all off and clean his feet so we missed the whole demo, all 2 minutes of it.  There was a problem with the jet and Henry had to land early.  Sunday was much better.  We walked around, hung out in the DV tent, watched a full demo and went to a team dinner.  Addie learned her fire ant lesson around the same age so hopefully Carter will now know NOT to mess with them.
Working hard

Running off some energy by playing football with Bo

The noise doesn't even phase them.  She was signing her lithos like the team does.

Being a pest.

Getting ready to go




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...