My baby got scalped! No kidding she went in to get her hair cut with hair down past her shoulders and came out with an awful mullet. I went to wash Carter's paci and came back and the woman had chopped three inch layers at the top of her head and left the back long. I had told her I wanted some long layers cut in and evidently three inches is long to her. Addie started crying and saying it wasn't pretty anymore and so I started crying and as nicely as I could told the lady to put the scissors down. We left with her awful mullet hair cut and I called the only person who I thought might be able to fix this mess, Candace. I started driving toward base and when she didn't answer her phone the first time I came up with this plan that we would just sit in her driveway until she got home. Thankfully she answered the second time so she didn't have to be surprised to see this crazy lady crying in her driveway. We got there, she gasped (it really was that bad), and we rushed Addie to her bathroom to wet down the mess and try to fix it. I wish I had a before picture but I was so upset I didn't even think to take one. We had to cut it shorter to fix the awkward layering and so she is now the proud owner of a sassy bob. It will grow... it's just hair... I know all of those things. But, when your little girl doesn't think she is pretty anymore because her long hair is gone it just breaks your heart. So, without further ado... the new and improved Addie.








5 comments:
Aww! Bless her heart! But she is STILL a cutie pie if I ever saw one! ;) your friend did a great job fixing it! Thank goodness for small miracles!
Nicely done, Candace! Looks like she should be your new hairdresser anyway. What an awful experience... but I like the new do, Addie!
Addie you will always be adorable. xo
Candace did a great job! Addie, you are such an adorable girl. We love you!
Poor thing! That's so sad. I had a similar childhood trauma, although, I was slightly older. :)
I think the final result is just perfect!
Post a Comment