Monday, March 8, 2010

Run Schadow Run

This past weekend we headed to the little town of Seaside so Henry could torture himself on Sunday morning and run a half marathon (13 miles). Many other people from base were running and our friend Amanda found us a villa (and I use that term loosely, motel would be more appropriate) in Seagrove Beach so everyone could walk to and from the race. The reviews online were spot on... $10 room, $1000 view. We were right on the water and it was pretty. We got down there, got Henry registered, and then came back to the villa to get ready for the 43rd spaghetti dinner.
 
 
On our back porch... Addie was our photographer so it's a bit blurry

Sunday morning started EARLY since Addie and Cater decided that sleeping was not a priority to them and I was up with them at 4:45 (yuck). Henry was out the door at 6:30 and we loaded up and walked down to see the finish line around 8. It's a good thing we left when we did because Henry, even though he swore up and down that he wouldn't be there before 8:30, crossed the finish line at 8:28. He wont brag on himself so I'll do it for him... that's running about a 6.5 minute mile through the whole race. And, he finished in the top 25 out of 3000 people. Not bad huh? We hung out for a bit, and then out kids, thanks to the early wake up call, melted and we headed home for naps.
 
Pre-race pic
  
There he is in the blue shirt
  
Post race... doesn't even look like he broke a sweat.  

Addie watching the runners


Photobucket

4 comments:

Incognito said...

That is awesome! 4:45, not so awesome! Sounds like an overall fun time!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the Schantz blog... If only I were that in top of thngs!!! Congrats on the awesome marathon finish Henry- impressive!!! I'm running the Hoover dam 6 tunnel 1/2 this weekend with heather lohmiller and Heidi dalbec and am attempting to get rid of the flu before I do so. If and when I finish, I won't be able to claim 6.5 min miles, so kudos to your speedy hubby!! Maybe mine will come to watch! Miss you guys, good luck with the house- where are you off to anyway?

Anonymous said...

By the way, that comment is from me, meghan Getgood, but I can't figure out how to get t to identify me, technologically challenged!

Kelly said...

Schadow....great job! That is impressive! It was great weather for it, huh?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...